- Background: dance and interdisciplinary arts.
- Special interest: outdoor site-specific performance and digital.
- Time served in the creative industries: twenty years.
- Superfluous skill: open water swimming.
- Prized possession: much pored over collection of Ordnance Survey maps.
- Hidden history: edited an anti-capitalism spoof newspaper – after a former life working in an investment bank.
After studying economics, Emma returned to her first love, dance, gaining a postgraduate qualification in Community Dance, from Trinity Laban.
She has held senior management roles in organisations including Swindon Dance, Magpie Dance, NEW Dance, and PLATFORM and developed and produced work for Swindon Dance, 2Faced Dance Company, film-maker Peter Anderson, Trinity Laban, Historic Royal Palaces, Greenwich Millennium Film Festival, Pavilion Dance South West and several London boroughs.
Outside the arts, she led the development of one of the charity sector’s first digital learning resources, www.wiseradviser.org, before pioneering youth inclusion programmes and policies as Programme Director for the charity Communities that Care.
Talk with Emma
- +44 (0)1492 642291