Working with Marshmallow Laser Feast to help create a virtual reality experience.
This contract is in London & Cardiff:
This position is designed as a professional development opportunity for an artist, creative technologist or creative developer who is Welsh or based in Wales.
Migrations is partnering with RSPB Cymru and City of Cardiff Council to present In the Eyes of the Animal virtual reality experience by Marshmallow Laser Feast. The artwork will be in Bute Park, Cardiff from 15th July to 4th August 2016.
Migrations is also commissioning a new work by Marshmallow Laser Feast. Your role will be to contribute to the creative development of a new Marshmallow Laser Feast production (this could be research, prototyping, visualisation, tracking or robotics for example).
You will spend between five and ten days (or longer if mutually agreed) between 1st August and 30th September 2016 working with the creative team on the development of one aspect of a new production.
In addition you will spend one day in Bute Park between 20th July and 4th August 2016 learning about and assisting with the In the Eyes of the Animal event.
It is hoped that your close engagement with Marshmallow Laser Feast and their work will assist in the development of your own practice.
- have an active interest & practice in arts and technology
- have good team-working and interpersonal skills
- be a creative thinker, who enjoys problem solving creative problems
- have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- have the ability to work independently, and meet deadlines with accuracy
- be responsible and accountable taking seriously any risks to themselves or others
- be a confident communicator, happy to engage with the public