Working with Marshmallow Laser Feast to help create a virtual reality experience.
This contract is in London & Cardiff:
Migrations, in partnership with RSPB Cymru and City of Cardiff Council is seeking an artist or creative technologist to work alongside Marshmallow Laser Feast to develop a virtual reality experience.
This position is designed as a professional development opportunity for an artist, creative technologist or creative developer who is Welsh or based in Wales.
Migrations is partnering with RSPB Cymru and City of Cardiff Council to present In the Eyes of the Animal virtual reality experience by Marshmallow Laser Feast. The artwork will be in Bute Park, Cardiff from 15th July to 4th August 2016.
Migrations is also commissioning a new work by Marshmallow Laser Feast. Your role will be to contribute to the creative development of a new Marshmallow Laser Feast production (this could be research, prototyping, visualisation, tracking or robotics for example).
You will spend between five and ten days (or longer if mutually agreed) between 1st August and 30th September 2016 working with the creative team on the development of one aspect of a new production.
In addition you will spend one day in Bute Park between 20th July and 4th August 2016 learning about and assisting with the In the Eyes of the Animal event.
It is hoped that your close engagement with Marshmallow Laser Feast and their work will assist in the development of your own practice.
The person we are looking for is a practising artist, creative technologist, creative developer or similar who will:
- have an active interest & practice in arts and technology
- have good team-working and interpersonal skills
- be a creative thinker, who enjoys problem solving creative problems
- have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- have the ability to work independently, and meet deadlines with accuracy
- be responsible and accountable taking seriously any risks to themselves or others
- be a confident communicator, happy to engage with the public
- have an active interest & practice in virtual reality
- is adept in Unity or UE4 development platforms
- has experience in another creative programming tool such as vvvv or openframeworks
Bute Park, Cardiff
between 20 July – 4 August 2016 (one day)
One day assisting with In the Eyes of the Animal virtual reality event:
Marshmallow Laser Feast studios, London
between 1st August and 30th September 2016 (five to ten days)
Five to ten days (or longer if mutually convenient) developing of one aspect of a new production:
- agree a work-plan and schedule with Marshmallow Laser Feast & Migrations
- work with the Marshmallow Laser Feast creative team on development of a virtual reality project
- attend any necessary training sessions delivered by Marshmallow Laser Feast
- contribute to Migrations’ social media coverage of this opportunity
- The work is offered as a fixed term freelance contract.
- £1500 fully inclusive fee.
- London: Dates & Times to be agreed; between five and ten days (or more if agreed) August – September 2016
- Marshmallow Laser Feast, Hackney Wick, London.
NB We will take a flexible approach to this opportunity to best match your interests and skills with the needs of Marshmallow Laser Feast.
For more information: Contact Dominic Chennell, Migrations.How to Apply
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to Dominic Chennell at Migrations by Midnight Friday 8th July 2016. Show clearly your interest in the project, relevant experience and how many days you would work at Marshmallow Laser Feast in London.
Application Deadline: Friday 8th July 2016, Midnight.
Interviews Notification: Wednesday 13th July
Interviews (Skype): Monday 18th July
Successful Candidate Notification: Wednesday 20th July (please note date change).
Ciafaic, 25 Watling Street, Llanrwst, LL26 0LS Wales
+44 (0)1492 642291
We will provide:
- induction to your role
- detailed briefing
- all equipment required